The Buttons & Bows Square Dance club exists to provide physical activity and camaraderie for people in the north Orange County, CA area through square dancing.
We host classes for new dancers (September through May), workshops for dancers who have completed a plus level dance class (June through August), and dances (mainstream and plus) for dancers throughout the year. Members of other clubs and classes are welcome.
For more information, please contact Bert Bonem at 714-683-8275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dancing Makes You Smarter
The article, Use It or Lose It: Dancing Makes You Smarter, Longer. describes a 21-year study that examines the benefits dancing has on mental acuity in aging.
- November 16 – Visitation: Icabod Squares, rounds at 7:30pm, Squares starting at 8pm, Honor our Veterans, Rod Shuping calling, Judy Keller Smith cueing, singles rotation, A-1 tip at the break, Woman’s Civic Club, 9501 Chapman Avenue, Garden Grove, CA
- November 17 – Fundraiser – “Flapjacks” at Applebee’s, 8am-10am, pancakes, eggs, sausage, potatoes, orange juice & coffee, all you can eat, 2800 N. Main St., Santa Ana, joint fundraiser with the Rustlers, Church Mice, and Buttons & Bows, $10 each (clubs get 50%). For more information, contact Bert Bonem at 714-683-8275.
- November 22 – No class — have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 24 – Visitation: Major Keys, 7:00pm to 10:00pm, Give Thanks to Our Veterans (Veterans admitted FREE!), Andy Allemao calling, Judy Keller-Smith calling, St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 11345 Miller Rd., Whittier, Plus Program & Round Dancing.
- December 1 – Club Dance, plus level, rounds at 7:30pm, squares at 8pm, ending at 10:30pm, Cool Yule, Mike Haworth calling squares, Judy Keller Smith cueing rounds, singles rotation, A1 tip
- The 2019 dance schedule has been posted on the Dances page.
- IMPORTANT: Club and class members, be sure to add email@example.com to your email address book to prevent email updates from being blocked by your email provider!