Square Dancing Info
- The Buttons & Bows club is starting a beginner square dance class on September 12th. You can hop in new at any of the first three classes (9/12, 9/19, 9/26). (Bring along a friend.) After that, we build upon what has already been learned.
- You will learn many square dance calls between September and December. These are called mainstream calls.
- From January through May, you will learn more calls called plus calls.
- The club sponsors monthly dances which include square dancing and either line dancing or round dancing. In January, the dances typically cover mainstream calls, suitable for dancers who have completed the mainstream portion of the class. In June, the dances cover plus calls, suitable for dancers who have completed the plus portion of the class.
- There are several square dance clubs in Orange County. Most clubs offer lessons and sponsor dances. Dancers from all clubs are welcome and encouraged to visit all dances.
- See the “Classes” page here for more information.
9/12 Square Dance Class!
(Click flyer for download)
- Dance updates – note that updated flyers have been posted on the dances page for September (no rounds 101), October (Shauna Kaaria calling), and November.
- Save the date — the club picnic is scheduled for November 10, 2019, from 12pm to 4pm at Tri-City Regional Park 2301 Kraemer Blvd. Placentia, CA 92870
- See the dances and visitations pages for dance details.
- IMPORTANT: Club and class members, be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent email updates from being blocked by your email provider!
The Buttons & Bows Square Dance club exists to provide physical activity and camaraderie for people in the north Orange County, CA area through square dancing.
We host classes for new dancers (September through May), workshops for dancers who have completed a plus level dance class (June through August), and dances (mainstream and plus) for dancers throughout the year. Members of other clubs and classes are welcome.
For more information, please contact Kathy Hetrick at 714-870-4409 or email@example.com.
Dancing Makes You Smarter
The article, Use It or Lose It: Dancing Makes You Smarter, Longer. describes a 21-year study that examines the benefits dancing has on mental acuity in aging.