- Buttons & Bows new dancers class hours have been extended (6:30pm to 9:30pm) in order to get in a little extra instruction as we learn those final plus calls.
- Come early at 6:30pm to the May 4 dance and experience hex-squares with Andy Allemao.
- Buttons & Bows is participating in a fundraiser at Applebee’s, Santa Ana on May 11. 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. We will join with the Rustlers Club for breakfast. Tickets are $10 each. You can also make a donation on behalf of our club if you are unable to attend. Contact Sheri Bolton (c/o Mark Evans) firstname.lastname@example.org for information on tickets.
- The May 18 visitation has been changed so that our club members can help the Church Mice celebrate their club anniversary.
- May 19 – Orange County Callers Association, 2:00pm to 5:00pm, New Dancer Hoedown, multiple OCCA callers, Buena Park Community Center, 8150 Knott Ave, Buena Park CA, Click here for flyer.
- The class graduation and potluck date has been changed to May 30 in order to get an extra day for nailing down those plus calls.
- Club members — annual dues of $25/person are to be paid to Magna on or before May 30. If paying in cash, please place cash in an envelope with your name on it.
- June 2 – Associated Square Dancers, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Spring Fling, Phil Farmer, Bill “Tex” Gipson, Dale Hoppers, Sylvester Nealon, Hawthorne Memorial Center, 3901 W. El Segundo Blvd, Ahwthorne, CA, Click here for flyer.
- Note that the June joint workshop with the OC Lariats runs June 6 to 27 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. The joint workshop continues with Buttons & Bows at Temple Beth Tikvah runs July 11 to August 29 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. See the Workshops page for more information.
- See the dances and visitations pages for dance details.
- Click here to download a list of local class and mainstream dances!
- IMPORTANT: Club and class members, be sure to add email@example.com to your email address book to prevent email updates from being blocked by your email provider!
The Buttons & Bows Square Dance club exists to provide physical activity and camaraderie for people in the north Orange County, CA area through square dancing.
We host classes for new dancers (September through May), workshops for dancers who have completed a plus level dance class (June through August), and dances (mainstream and plus) for dancers throughout the year. Members of other clubs and classes are welcome.
For more information, please contact Bert Bonem at 714-683-8275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dancing Makes You Smarter
The article, Use It or Lose It: Dancing Makes You Smarter, Longer. describes a 21-year study that examines the benefits dancing has on mental acuity in aging.