- The class graduation and potluck date has been changed to May 30 in order to get an extra day for nailing down those plus calls.
- Club members — annual dues of $25/person are to be paid to Magna on or before May 30. If paying in cash, please place cash in an envelope with your name on it.
- June 2 – Associated Square Dancers, 1:30pm to 4:30pm, Spring Fling, Phil Farmer, Bill “Tex” Gipson, Dale Hoppers, Sylvester Nealon, Hawthorne Memorial Center, 3901 W. El Segundo Blvd, Hawthorne, CA, Click here for flyer.
- Note that the June joint workshop with the OC Lariats runs Thursdays June 6 to 27 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. The joint workshop continues with Buttons & Bows at Temple Beth Tikvah runs Thursdays July 11 to August 29 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. See the Workshops page for more information.
- See the dances and visitations pages for dance details.
- IMPORTANT: Club and class members, be sure to add email@example.com to your email address book to prevent email updates from being blocked by your email provider!
The Buttons & Bows Square Dance club exists to provide physical activity and camaraderie for people in the north Orange County, CA area through square dancing.
We host classes for new dancers (September through May), workshops for dancers who have completed a plus level dance class (June through August), and dances (mainstream and plus) for dancers throughout the year. Members of other clubs and classes are welcome.
For more information, please contact Bert Bonem at 714-683-8275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dancing Makes You Smarter
The article, Use It or Lose It: Dancing Makes You Smarter, Longer. describes a 21-year study that examines the benefits dancing has on mental acuity in aging.